Harmony, TX (Kent County)


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: January 1, 1995


Harmony is on the west side of State Highway 70 between Stinking and ABC creeks eighteen miles south of Jayton in southeast Kent County. The settlement was established about 1900 and named Tirkle. It was renamed Harmony after local disagreements had been worked out. A store and a county school district operated locally for a while. Only a rural community with no businesses or school was found on 1980 county maps. In 2000 the population was seven.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Harmony, TX (Kent County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/harmony-tx-kent-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
January 1, 1995

Place
Harmony
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378420
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Kent County
Associated Names

Tirkle

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.04065480°
  • Longitude: -100.56261300°
Population Counts
People Year
10 2009