Harmony, TX (San Augustine County)


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Harmony is on a county road off Farm Road 3017 seven miles northwest of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. In the 1930s the community was a station on the Frost Lumber Company Tram Line, and in 1940 it had a school, a church, and scattered dwellings. In the 1980s a church and several dwellings remained.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Harmony, TX (San Augustine County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/harmony-tx-san-augustine-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Harmony
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379894
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Augustine County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.61656780°
  • Longitude: -94.18464200°