Harris Valley, originally known as Bolton Switch, was 2½ miles northwest of Los Angeles on the San Antonio, Uvalde and Gulf Railroad in north central La Salle County. The community was named for a Harris family who owned land in the area. Harris Valley was probably founded about 1917, when it was granted a post office. At the height of its development, probably in the 1920s, the community included a number of small dwellings and a railroad depot, cotton gin, and food store. Its post office closed in 1925, but Harris Valley was shown on county maps as late as 1948.