Haynie Chapel, TX

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Haynie Chapel, in southeastern Travis County, originated about 1839, when Samuel G. Haynie moved to the area, and John Haynie established a Methodist church. The school at Haynie Chapel, which began about 1860, was combined with the Devotion and Garfield common school districts in 1904. Mail for the community was received through Garfield until about 1910 and after that from Austin.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Haynie Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 03, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/haynie-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Loading