Hazel Chapel, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Hazel Chapel, off Farm Road 230 some two miles northwest of Weldon in southwestern Houston County, grew up around a church of the same name built before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community comprised a church and a number of houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained. In the early 1990s Hazel Chapel was a dispersed rural community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Hazel Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 29, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hazel-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading