Headsville, TX


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Headsville, a mile west of State Highway 7 and nine miles northeast of Bremond near the Limestone county line in northeastern Robertson County, was established in the 1870s. By 1871 it had a post office, which had closed by 1905. J. G. Adams operated a store there and was postmaster in 1885, when the community had a population of thirty. In 1904 Headsville had a school with one teacher and fifty-four students. The community's population was seventy-five in 1915. Headsville had a few scattered dwellings in 1969, and the community was still named on a 1982 county highway map.

Ivory Freeman Carson, Early Development of Robertson County (M.A. thesis, North Texas State College, 1954).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Headsville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/headsville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Headsville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379913
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Robertson County
Associated Names

Heads Prairie

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.26129020°
  • Longitude: -96.49580600°