Henning, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Henning, a farming community southeast of Garrison in northeastern Nacogdoches County, developed after 1900 around a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. During the 1930s Henning had a depot and a number of houses, and several stores and a gin were in the area. The community's population was twenty-five around 1940. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Henning, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/henning-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Loading