Henry, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Henry, three miles east of Red Oak in northern Ellis County, developed in the late 1880s; it served as a community center for area farmers. Its post office opened in 1896 and closed in 1903. The community was not named on the 1936 county highway map.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Henry, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/henry-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Henry
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Ellis County