Herrington's, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Herrington's was near the site of present Huntington in east central Angelina County. A post office operated there under the name Sumpter from 1848 to 1852, when the name was changed to Herrington's for long-time postmaster William Herrington. The Herrington's post office closed in 1866, and by the late 1870s the settlement was abandoned.

Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Herrington's, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 16, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/herringtons-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading