Hetty, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Hetty was midway between Quinlan and Greenville in south central Hunt County. It was one of several communities established in the early 1890s by the president of the Texas-Midland Railroad, Edward H. R. Green, and was named in honor of his mother, Hetty Green. The Hetty community had a post office from 1901 to 1907. Like many railroad communities established in the late 1800s, Hetty eventually declined. By the mid-1940s it was merely a switch on the Midland line.

W. Walworth Harrison, History of Greenville and Hunt County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1976).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Hetty, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hetty-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Hetty
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Hunt County