Hilburn, TX (Eastland County)

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: October 1, 1995


Hilburn was seven miles southwest of Okra, five miles northwest of Rising Star, and seven miles southeast of Nimrod in southwestern Eastland County. The area was occupied in the early 1860s by ranchers from Comanche County, but no permanent settlement was made until 1873 or 1874, when Taylor Hilburn established a farm. A post office, established at the community in 1890 with William Mann as postmaster, was discontinued in 1891. Hilburn was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Hilburn, TX (Eastland County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hilburn-tx-eastland-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
October 1, 1995

Loading