Holly Springs, TX (Nacogdoches County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Holly Springs, on U.S. Highway 59 eleven miles northeast of Nacogdoches in northeastern Nacogdoches County, was first settled before 1900. A school was in operation there by 1904, when it had an enrollment of forty-eight. In the mid-1930s Holly Springs had a school, several stores, and a number of houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away, but as late as the mid-1960s the area still had several stores and a church. In the early 1990s Holly Springs was a dispersed farming community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Holly Springs, TX (Nacogdoches County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/holly-springs-tx-nacogdoches-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading