The Houston, Oaklawn and Magnolia Park Railway Company was chartered on May 16, 1899, to acquire the property of the former Houston Belt and Magnolia Park Railway Company. Herbert E. Fuller bought the railroad at a court ordered sale on November 1, 1898, and received the deed for the property on April 10, 1899. The railroad ran for 6.5 miles from Fannin and Commerce in Houston to Constitution Bend on Buffalo Bayou. Fuller conveyed the property to the Houston, Oaklawn and Magnolia Park on May 16, 1899. In addition to Fuller, the first directors of the company were E. L. Dennis, N. L. Mills, L. E. Mills, and H. F. Ring, all of Houston; J. G. Locke of Dallas, and Jonathan B. Frost of Atlanta, Georgia. The company was capitalized at $11,000, and the office was in Houston. Between 1901 and 1903 the company built an additional 1.89 miles of track. In 1901 the railroad owned one locomotive and five passenger cars. Passenger earnings were $3,307, and total earnings $5,732. Freight service was provided by the International and Great Northern Railroad Company, which bought the railroad on December 27, 1903, for $40,000. The International and Great Northern acquired waterfront property near the site where the Houston Ship Channel turning basin was later located, and the former Houston, Oaklawn and Magnolia Park became a valuable industrial track.