Hoya, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Hoya was a farming community five miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County. During the 1930s it had a school and a number of houses; several stores were also in the area. The Hoya school was later consolidated into the Nacogdoches Independent School District. After World War II most of Hoya's residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Hoya, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hoya-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Loading