Hub, TX


By: H. Allen Anderson

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Hub is at the junction of State highways 86 and 214, ten miles east of Bovina in central Parmer County. The name reflects the town's image that everything goes outward from it as from the hub of a wagon wheel. In 1925 the imposing Syndicate Hotel, meant to accommodate prospective land buyers, was constructed on the Ozark Trail east of Hub. It closed as a business in 1931 but was later purchased by the Friona American League chapter and moved to Hub. In the 1980s Hub had seven businesses, including two cotton gins and a grain elevator. A community hall was located on Highway 214 just south of the junction. In 2000 the population was twenty-five.

Parmer County Historical Society, A History of Parmer County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1974). Fred Tarpley, 1001 Texas Place Names (Austin: University of Texas Press, 1980).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

H. Allen Anderson, “Hub, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 26, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hub-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Place
Hub
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034747
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Parmer County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 34.52562540°
  • Longitude: -102.72827120°
Population Counts
People Year
25 2009