Hubbard, TX (Bowie County)

By: Laurie E. Jasinski

Type: General Entry

Published: August 26, 2004


Hubbard is an old farming community located on U. S. Highway 259, thirty-four miles west of Texarkana and three miles southwest of De Kalb in western Bowie County. The town was probably named after early settler Richard B. Hubbard. Graves in the Hubbard Chapel Cemetery reportedly date as far back as 1835. Bowie County highway maps in 1936 showed a school, church, cemetery, and numerous dwellings in the area. No population figures were available until 1990, when Hubbard had 269 residents. That figure remained constant in 2000, and Hubbard had its own independent school district.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Laurie E. Jasinski, “Hubbard, TX (Bowie County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hubbard-tx-bowie-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

August 26, 2004

Loading