Hudd, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Hudd (Hud) is north of Little Rough Creek and twenty miles northeast of Snyder in extreme northeastern Scurry County. The community was named after James B. Hudnall, the first postmaster, and had a post office from 1901 until around 1934. In 1920 Hudd had a population of fifteen. The 1985 county highway map showed the Hudd community but no businesses.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Hudd, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hudd-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Hudd
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Scurry County
Associated Names

Hud

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.92649140°
  • Longitude: -100.67983720°