William Hudson, teacher, scientist, and minister, was born in England in January 1818, and relocated to North Texas in 1853. He married Elizabeth Hardisty in 1858 and taught at the Birdville public school. The Hudson family expanded to include four sons and three daughters. In 1870 Hudson was ordained a Presbyterian minister by the Marshall Presbytery of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in East Texas. From 1870 to 1881 Hudson taught commercial subjects at Trinity University and crafted the diplomas that were issued to its first graduates. Hudson was an ordained Cumberland Presbyterian minister. He taught mental and moral science from 1881 to 1883 and from 1883 to 1885 was professor of chemistry, zoology, and natural history. Hudson sent collections of reptiles and insects to the United States National Museum and began a museum and botanical garden at Trinity University. In 1884 he prepared seventeen elaborate charts that detailed various departments of a university course of study for display at the World’s Fair in New Orleans, Louisiana. From 1885 to 1889 he served as curator of the museum at the university but not a faculty member. After retiring from Trinity University he became pastor of the Prairie Home Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Altus, Oklahoma, and served in that capacity until 1898. Hudson passed away on October 31, 1901, and was buried at Fairmount Cemetery in Hollis, Oklahoma.