Hulsey, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Hulsey was twelve miles southwest of Sulphur Springs and four miles northwest of Bonanza in southwestern Hopkins County. It was settled before 1901, when a post office opened there with Hamp D. Knight as postmaster. At its height Hulsey had a store, a church, and a number of scattered houses. In 1905 its post office was closed, and mail service was transferred to Miller Grove. By the mid-1930s Hulsey was no longer shown on the county highway map.

Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage. (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 197-?).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Hulsey, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hulsey-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading