Hunter's Creek Village is an incorporated suburban community near Piney Point Village and Hillshire Village south of Interstate Highway 10 and U.S. Highway 90 on the western edge of Houston in Harris County. Earlier in the area's history, German farmers settled in the vicinity and established sawmills to cut local timber. In 1936 a sawmill and a number of dwellings were at the townsite. The community was incorporated in 1954 with a mayor-alderman city government (see MAYOR-COUNCIL FORM OF CITY GOVERNMENT) and had a school and a church by 1966. Its population rose from 2,478 to 4,580 between 1960 and 1980, declined briefly to 4,215 in 1982, and was recorded in 1990 at 4,598. The population remained steady at 4,374 in 2000 and 4,367 in 2010.