Hunt's Store, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Hunt's Store was near the intersection of Farm roads 542 and 3178, sixteen miles northeast of Centerville in northeastern Leon County. The area was settled in the 1850s, and by the 1870s the Tubbs cemetery was located at the site. In 1890 W. D. Tubbs opened a store in the community, which he sold to a local farmer, Samuel Hunt, and the community came to be known as Hunt's Store. In 1940 the community was not listed on state highway maps, and only the Tubbs Cemetery was at the site.

Leon County Historical Book Survey Committee, History of Leon County (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1986).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Hunt's Store, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hunts-store-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Hunts Store
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Leon County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.37767900°
  • Longitude: -95.76162120°