Hynds City, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Hynds City, on Farm Road 103 eight miles north of Nocona in north central Montague County, developed in 1925, when oil production began in the area. It was named for Robert L. Hynds and served local oil production workers. The 1984 county highway map showed a church and three businesses at Hynds City.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Hynds City, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hynds-city-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Hynds City
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379981
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Montague County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.91176620°
  • Longitude: -97.72169540°