Indian Camp Springs, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Indian Camp Springs was a community just off U. S. Highway 287 in eastern Trinity County. The area was probably first settled sometime after the Civil War. Around 1900 the site had a saw and grist mill; a school and church were located nearby. In the early 1990s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Indian Camp Springs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/indian-camp-springs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading