Iverson, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Iverson is twelve miles northeast of Hillsboro on a spur off Farm Road 934 in northeastern Hill County. The community apparently served as a school and church center for area farmers and ranchers, and between 1896 and 1907 a post office branch operated at the site. In the 1930s the town had a business and a few scattered dwellings.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Iverson, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/iverson-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Iverson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Hill County
Associated Names

Sanford

Sevier

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.16454000°
  • Longitude: -97.04165800°