Ivy, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Ivy, also known as Odell, was a farming and logging settlement seven miles northeast of Homer in east central Angelina County. A post office opened there in 1886, and by the early 1890s Ivy had a gristmill and cotton gin, a grocery, and a drugstore. The name of the post office was changed to Odell in 1900, but a few months later the post office was discontinued. By the 1930s the town was no longer shown on maps.

Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Ivy, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/ivy-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading