Jackson, TX (Marion County)


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Jackson is on the south shore of Lake O' the Pines on Farm Road 726 thirteen miles southwest of Jefferson in southwestern Marion County. In 1938 it had a four-room schoolhouse that accommodated sixty-six students and three teachers. In 1962 the community had several scattered roadside dwellings and the Jackson community building, a mile north of the road. In 1983 Jackson had two businesses and a church.

Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Jackson, TX (Marion County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/jackson-tx-marion-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Place
Jackson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378488
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Marion County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.73625010°
  • Longitude: -94.58131370°