Jackson, TX (Montgomery County)


By: Will Branch

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Jackson was on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad and Jackson Road seventeen miles west of Conroe in western Montgomery County. The Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway was built across the area by 1907. In 1910 a post office was established at Jackson. By 1915 the community had a telephone connection, a cotton gin, a general store, a sawmill, and a population of 100. The postmaster was Ed Pace, who also owned the mill. In 1925 the post office was discontinued. The town was gone by 1946. A few houses and trailer homes remained in 1990, and a brick house stood at the site of the former sawmill commissary.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Will Branch, “Jackson, TX (Montgomery County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/jackson-tx-montgomery-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Jackson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Montgomery County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.31021200°
  • Longitude: -95.73629700°