Jerusalem is north of Farm Road 2611 sixteen miles southwest of Angleton in southwestern Brazoria County. In 1896 it had a one-teacher school with seventy-two black students. The 1936 county highway map showed the school and scattered dwellings at the townsite; a 1972 map showed a school, a church, and a cemetery there. In 2000 county highway maps showed the cemetery.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Diana J. Kleiner, “Jerusalem, TX (Brazoria County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 31, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/jerusalem-tx-brazoria-county.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.