Jonesville, also known as Border and Concord, is on the Union Pacific Railroad and Farm Road 134 sixteen miles east of Marshall in southeastern Harrison County. The community was first called Border, presumably because of its proximity to Louisiana, and probably was established in the mid-1840s. The Border post office operated from 1847 to 1849, when the name of the community was changed to Jonesville, after William Jones, who operated the first store. Concord, a community one mile west of the old Border-Jonesville site and one mile north of the current community of Jonesville, had a post office of its own from 1850 to 1855 and a wooden building that served as an Episcopal church. A Masonic lodge was erected on the site on land donated by Spencer C. Wadlington in 1853. The community apparently merged into Jonesville, and in 1988 only a cemetery and a historical marker were at the former site of Concord. In 1868 the Jonesville settlement was moved a mile south to be on what was then the Southern Pacific Railroad. By 1884 the community had a population of sixty, a steam gristmill-cotton gin, and two general stores. The town shipped cotton. By 1892 the population had grown to an estimated 275, and Jonesville had Baptist and Methodist churches and a saloon. In 1904 the school district included two schools serving thirty-five white students and three schools serving 223 black students. Thereafter the community began a slow decline; its population had fallen to about 150 by 1933. In 1950 Jonesville had an estimated 100 residents and two businesses, and in 1972 twenty-eight residents and one business. In 1990 the population was still estimated at twenty-eight, and the community reported two businesses. The population remained at twenty-eight in 2000.