Jindřich (Henry) Juren, minister and teacher, the son of Cenek and Antonie (Kosut) Juren, was born on March 20, 1850, at Čermna, Bohemia, where his father was a Protestant minister of the Evangelical Brethren Unity. He received his basic schooling in Čermna and from public schools in other parts of the area. After serving his twelve months of compulsory military training in the Austrian army, he attended universities in Bonn, Germany, and Edinburgh, Scotland, and completed his seminary studies at Basel, Switzerland.
In 1875 he received a call from the Fayetteville (Texas) Brethren Church to become a resident minister of that congregation. This church was then known as the Evangelical Unity of the Czech-Moravian Brethren in Texas. Juren accepted the call and arrived in Fayetteville in April 1876. He was ordained in the newly constructed church and served this congregation for forty-five years, until his death. Between 1881 and 1888 he was the only minister of the Unity of the Brethren in Texas and served the spiritual needs of the scattered congregations in the state. He was also frequently asked to conduct services at the German Lutheran congregation in Ellinger when it was without a pastor. He conducted worship services at or near Smithville, Taylor, Granger, Temple, West, Caldwell, Industry, Wesley, Wallis, Hallettsville, Shiner, and other Central Texas communities. Concurrent with his ministerial activity, Juren, who spoke five languages, taught school and devoted approximately forty years to teaching in public schools. He was an organizer and a charter member of the Mutual Aid Society of the Unity of the Brethren of Texas and a member of the organization's governing body for several years.
In December 1876 he married Frances Schiller; fourteen children were born to this union. Frances Juren died in 1906. Juren married Mrs. Anna Kubin in 1911, and to this couple one daughter was born. Juren died on May 2, 1921, in St. Joseph's Hospital in Houston. He was buried in the cemetery adjoining the Fayetteville Brethren Church, about two miles south of Fayetteville.