Kadane Corner, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Kadane Corner is at the intersection of State highways 25 and 258, twelve miles southwest of Wichita Falls in southwestern Wichita County. One of the last communities organized in the county, the town developed after the discovery of oil on the site of the former Ikard ranch headquarters on November 8, 1937, by the town's namesakes, George and Jack Kadane. Over the next four months Kadane Corner was the site of intense activity and publicity, leading one reporter to describe the oilfield as the world's busiest in February 1938. But the expectations of a large reserve of oil and dramatic growth never materialized. As a result Kadane Corner has remained a small rural community, an extension of nearby Kamay, where the closest post office branch operates.

Louise Kelly, Wichita County Beginnings (Burnet, Texas: Eakin Press, 1982).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Kadane Corner, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/kadane-corner-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Kadane Corner
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1360484
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Wichita County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.85787400°
  • Longitude: -98.83867520°