Kasoga, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Kasoga, three miles east of the site of present Knox City in south central Knox County, was established by 1877. A post office granted to Wayne Tackitt on April 5, 1890, was active until discontinued and moved to Cliff on December 31, 1903. Citizens of Kasoga tried unsuccessfully to encourage someone to build a gristmill and gin in their town by running an advertisement in the Dallas Morning News in March 1900, but the settlement was soon abandoned when that endeavor failed.

Mrs. R. D. Gray, Early Days in Knox County (New York: Carleton, 1963).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Kasoga, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/kasoga-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Kasoga
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Knox County
Associated Names

Laura