Kellerville, on Farm roads 1443 and 2473, near the Gray county line in western Wheeler County, began in the late 1920s as a result of the discovery of oil near Shamrock. A post office was established in 1935 with Mrs. Frankie Buford as postmistress. An influx of oil money resulted in the founding of a school district and the construction of a modern building, which for a time had six teachers. In 1940 three businesses, three churches, and a population of 150 were reported. In January 1949 the Baptist church burned, and the people rebuilt it in seven months. Since that time improved transportation and an economic recession caused a population decrease. In 1984 Kellerville reported 107 residents, the church, a store, a post office, and a service station. In 1990 the population was fifty. The population remained the same in 2000.