Kellogg is on U.S. Highway 69 five miles northwest of Greenville in central Hunt County. It was settled in the 1880s, received a post office in 1891, and became a stop on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad in the early 1890s. Despite the presence of the railroad Kellogg remained small. The post office was closed in 1905, and a population of only fifteen was reported ten years later. Since then the settlement has reported no population or business statistics.