Kendall Valley, TX


By: Oscar Haas

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Kendall Valley, six miles from New Braunfels in Comal County, was named for George Wilkins Kendall, who acquired land in the valley in 1852. He bought a flock of Mexican ewes for ruggedness and added pureblood Merinos from Vermont, thus introducing Merino sheep to Texas. On one of his trips from New Orleans, Kendall brought a barrel of apples packed in oats for safe shipment. As an experiment he sowed the oats in his garden and so began farming in the county. No community center remained in 1947.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Oscar Haas, “Kendall Valley, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/kendall-valley-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Kendall Valley
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Comal County