Kincheonville was at a site in what is now southwest Austin, Travis County. It was bordered roughly by present Paisano Trail on the north, Davis Lane on the south, Brodie Lane on the west, and Longview Road on the east. The community was established by Thomas Kincheon in June 1865. Unlike other communities that were predominantly black, Kincheonville also had Hispanics and Anglo settlers. It remained a small farming community until Kincheon's son, Thomas Kincheon II, began to promote its development. Kincheon Subdivision No. 1 opened in 1952, and when this was successful, Kincheon Subdivision No. 2 followed. The Kincheon family moved to East Austin in the 1960s, along with most of the other black families in Austin. Kincheonville has since been absorbed by the city of Austin; several streets that Kincheon named after his children are all that remains of the community.