Kolls, TX


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Kolls was on Salado Creek eight miles southwest of Belton in south central Bell County. A post office was established there in 1898 with Albert Durie as postmaster. The office was discontinued in June 1903, and mail for the remaining residents was sent to Belton. At some time Kolls had a school.

John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Kolls, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/kolls-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Place
Kolls
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bell County
Associated Names

Durie

Great Texas Land Rush logo
Adoption Status: ⭐
This place has been adopted and will not be available until June 30, 2023
Adopted by:
Tyler Severson