Kostoryz, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Kostoryz was at a site near the southwestern edge of present Corpus Christi in eastern Nueces County. It was established by Stanley L. Kostoryz, a Czech from Nebraska who purchased a 7,700 acre tract from the Grim Ranch in 1906 for a settlement for Czech immigrants. A school was established in 1907. In 1952 Kostoryz became part of the Corpus Christi School District, and in recent years most of the area has been annexed by the city.

Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).

Categories:

  • Peoples
  • Czechs

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Kostoryz, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/kostoryz-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading