Kreutsberg (Kreuzberg, Kreutzberg) is on Farm Road 474 six miles northeast of Boerne in south central Kendall County. In 1847 the Vincent Phillip family placed a cross on a nearby hill as a landmark; the name Kreutsberg, German for "Cross Mountain," was applied to the community that developed later. In 1905 the Kreutsberg school had one teacher and twenty-eight students. A school and several houses marked the community on county highway maps in the 1940s. The Kreutsberg school district was divided between the Boerne and Kendalia districts in 1952. In the 1980s the old school was used as a community center.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Kreutsberg, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/kreutsberg-tx.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.