La Cerda, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


La Cerda was near the site of present Woden in southeastern Nacogdoches County. The community was named for Nepomuceno de la Cerda, the original grantee of the surrounding land. The area was apparently settled before the Civil War. When the Angelina and Neches River Railroad was built around 1905, the settlement became a flag station. After World War II most of its residents moved away.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “La Cerda, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/la-cerda-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
La Cerda
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1382110
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Nacogdoches County
Associated Names

Woden

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.43796240°
  • Longitude: -94.39742540°