La Rose, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995

Updated: November 24, 2015


La Rose (also known as La Rosa) is on Farm Road 624 twenty miles northwest of Corpus Christi in north central Nueces County. It was established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a store and a number of houses; children attended school in nearby Bluntzer or Riverside. La Rosa was included on a list of communities by the Texas Department of Transportation in 1985. The community is unincorporated, but listed a population of 20 in the 1990 and 2002 Texas Almanac.

Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “La Rose, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/la-rose-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995
November 24, 2015

Loading