Labatt, TX

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Labatt was on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway and near the San Antonio River, some ten miles west of Floresville in western Wilson County. The area was originally part of the ranch holding of Francisco Flores de Abrego. In 1886 the San Antonio and Aransas Pass built a flag station and switch at the site and named it after Galveston attorney Henry J. Labatt. During the mid-1930s the area had a store and a number of houses. Later most of the residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered dwellings remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Labatt, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 03, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/labatt-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Loading