Lake Pauline is three miles southeast of Quanah in east central Hardeman County (at 34°15' N, 99°40' W). It was formed by a private dam on Wanderers Creek. It is owned by West Texas Utilities Company and used for recreational and industrial purposes. The earth dam, completed in 1905, impounds a normal capacity of 7,000 acre-feet and a maximum capacity of 18,000 acre-feet. The dam is twenty-four feet high with a spillway of 1,190 feet. The surrounding variable terrain is surfaced by shallow, stony clay loams that support juniper, oak, chaparral, grass, and cacti.