Landergin, TX

By: H. Allen Anderson

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Landergin, halfway between Adrian and Vega in south central Oldham County, was headquarters for a ranch established in 1906 by the brothers Pat H. and John Landergin, who subsequently helped found the town of Vega. When the Chicago, Rock Island and Gulf Railway built through the area in 1908, the Landergins established a supply store near the railroad switch, and a small community developed. Mail was received from Vega. In 1936 Landergin reported one store and a population of fifteen. In the 1980s the site was marked by a grain elevator, a filling station, and a roadside cafe.

Oldham County Historical Commission, Oldham County (Dallas: Taylor, 1981).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

H. Allen Anderson, “Landergin, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 20, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/landergin-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Loading