Langum Quarter, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Langum Quarter, just off State Highway 7 and 1½ miles west of Crockett in west central Houston County, was established after 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a store and a large number of houses; children attended school in Crockett. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s there were still a number of houses in the area. In 1990 the community was no longer shown on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Langum Quarter, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/langum-quarter-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading