Law, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Law is at the intersection of Farm Road 50 and the Southern Pacific line, eleven miles west of Bryan in far western Brazos County. It was probably founded as a station on the Hearne and Brazos Valley Railway in the 1890s. In 1940 the community had several businesses and a number of scattered dwellings. In 1988 a number of scattered dwellings remained there.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Law, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/law-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Law
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1360982
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Brazos County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.64853230°
  • Longitude: -96.54302380°