Lawhon Springs, also known as Lawhon, is a rural community in northwestern Lee County fifteen miles west of Lexington on Farm Road 619. John L. Smith arrived in 1848 and was probably the first settler in the vicinity. Lawhon Springs was named for David B. Lawhon, who bought land that included springs in the area. A school was in operation by 1900 and during the 1905–06 school year had an enrollment of thirty-six. For many years the school also served as a church and meeting place for area residents. In the mid-1930s Lawhon Springs consisted of the school building, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings. By the early 1950s the school had been annexed to the Lexington Independent School District. In 1982 the site of the community was marked only by the cemetery.