Lawrence Springs, TX


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Lawrence Springs, nine miles northeast of Canton and west of Farm Road 17 in northeast Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that enrolled forty-two students by 1904 and was consolidated with the Fruitvale Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 the community had a school, a church, and multiple residences, but in 1965 only the church and scattered dwellings remained. By 1981 only residences near Herren Branch and Antioch School were left in the surrounding area.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Lawrence Springs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lawrence-springs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Place
Lawrence Springs
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378569
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.64263140°
  • Longitude: -95.78746440°