Lee, TX


By: Chris Cravens

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Lee is a mile south of Farm Road 416 and the Navarro county line in northern Freestone County. By 1891 it had a school, which had an enrollment of sixty-seven black students in 1893, twenty-two in 1899, and seventeen in 1903. In the 1930s Lee consisted of a few scattered dwellings and a nearby church. By the 1960s only Lee Cemetery and a few abandoned dwellings were in the area.

Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Chris Cravens, “Lee, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lee-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Place
Lee
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1339776
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Freestone County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.91905000°
  • Longitude: -96.20775060°