Lilly, TX

By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995

Lilly was on the Cherokee Trace near the shores of Lilly Creek 7½ miles from Pittsburg in southwestern Camp County. The village and the creek were both named for the first settler in the area, Noah Lilly, who patented his land in 1843. A post office was established in Lilly in May 1880 with James Musick as postmaster. The office was closed in January 1883, reopened in September 1890, and closed again in April 1891. By 1908 Lilly had apparently ceased to exist as a named community.

Artemesia L. B. Spencer, The Camp County Story (Fort Worth: Branch-Smith, 1974).
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Lilly, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022,

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Currently Exists
Place Type
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Camp County
Associated Names